Our program is a hands-on environment where students learn consideration of all elements involved in designing costumes for an entire production.
- The program covers basic techniques of costuming, sewing, dyeing, and distressing fabrics to included pattern drafting and construction techniques for period costume.
- A survey of historical costume and accessories by periods from ancient Egypt to the present day.
- Costume accessory construction using traditional materials and thermoplastics.
- Instruction on the contrast of general clothing with stage costume.
- Costume design students work along side the resident costume designer as assistants in preparation for designing student directed and independent productions before advancing to main stage designs.