- Completion of prerequisites (59 hrs)
- Complete the NursingCAS centralized application instructions
- Overall GPA of 3.0 and a "C" or better in all prerequisite coursework
- Acceptable score on the TEAS V
(Test of Essential Academic Skills)
- Advisement by the Medical and Allied Health Program Director
The Nursing Program at Sam Houston State University is on its way to becoming one of the most reputable and state-of-the-art programs in Texas.
The BSN offers you the chance to get in on the ground floor, with small classes and personal attention from professors excited about building a top-notch nursing program.
In addition to the application requirements in the box at right, nursing students will be required to comply with immunization standards, be CPR certified, have liability and healthcare insurance, complete a background screening, and take drug tests.
Students may be considered pre-nursing until completion of their prerequisites.
Follow the links on the menu at right to learn more.