Employee Scholarship Application deadlines are as follows:
Fall Semester – July 1
Spring Semester – November 1
Summer Semester – May 1
Applications for the “President’s Employee Scholarship Program” for Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters are due on the above listed dates. Forms should be submitted to the Human Resources Department, Box 2356, College of Humanities & Social Sciences Building (CHSS), Suite 410, Fax 936-294-3611. The scholarship application form can be accessed at the following website:
This scholarship is for fulltime (1.0 FTE) benefits eligible staff and faculty (non-student workers), through the rank of Professor, who desire to take one class or one class and a lab at SHSU (4 semester credit hours maximum). The following selection criteria have been established:
- Applicants must have a minimum of one year fulltime (1.0 FTE) continuous employment (non-student workers) at SHSU by the first class day, and at the time application is made, have earned at least 3 semester hours at SHSU with a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Undergraduate students with a 2.5 GPA or greater will be given 1st priority.
- Graduate students with a 3.5 GPA or greater will be given 2nd priority.
- Employee’s GPA, length of employment, and student classification level are primary consideration factors.
- The President’s Employee Scholarship award is for tuition and designated tuition.