All incoming freshmen and transfer students are advised to:
- Find your ensemble audition day and time, and download any required music for your ensemble. Be aware that the audition will be 2-3 days before the semester begins.
- During the summer, attend a New Student Orientation session. Academic advisement (in Music) will occur during this session. If you do NOT attend a summer orientation session, academic advisement for the School of Music will be held the first day of the Fall semester. Contact Wayne Barrett (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more specific advisement questions.
- Prepare for the theory entrance exam and class piano placement exam.
- Woodwind, brass players and percussionists should visit the Bearkat Marching Band website and thoroughly read all pertinent information. Note, BMB may start several weeks before the beginning of school.
- Transfer students should send a copy of their transcripts to the School of Music office to be evaluated by a music faculty member