Deadline Date - 01/31/2013
Internship Resource - Philadelphia Museum of Art
Synopsis - The Museum Studies Internship Program is an unpaid volunteer
internship opportunity that exposes interns to the inner workings of a major
metropolitan museum, promoting an awareness of careers in the field through … more »experiences not available in most academic
settings. The Museum selects a diverse group of talented undergraduate and
graduate students from a highly competitive, international pool of candidates.
The program runs Monday through Friday, for nine weeks. The Internship is made up of two parts: Interns work for three and one-half days per week in a Museum department; one and one-half days a week they participate in a Museum Studies course.
Interns are placed according to departmental needs that vary from year to year. In past summers, placements have included the following departments:
2. Collections Information
5. Curatorial Departments
8. Education: Community Outreach
9. Education: Family Programs
10. Education: Public Programs (College & Adult)
11. Education: Summer Camp Group Program
12. Government Affairs
13. Graphic Design
16. Office of General Counsel
18. Rights and Reproductions
19. Wholesale and Retail Operations
Eligibility -The Museum Studies Internship Program offers internships
each summer to applicants who:
- are currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students, or who have graduated within the same calendar year as the Internship;… more »
- have completed at least their sophomore year of college by the end of the 2012 spring semester;
- have maintained at least a 3.0 grade point average.
Internship Funding - Amount note: This is a volunteer internship program. Interns can receive course credit so long as they make arrangements with their respective colleges and universities. Interns are responsible for making their own housing arrangements.