All research conducted by Sam Houston State University (SHSU) faculty is governed by Federal, State and Institutional policies including:
- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs Handbook (revised 8_2012)
- Responsible Conduct in Research (RCR) and Conflict of Interest Policies
Principal Investigators (PI) do not have the authority to submit contractual obligations or proposals that commit SHSU resources without ORSP approval.
PIs are also prohibited from negotiating and/or signing any sponsored award on the University’s behalf.
ORSP will assist PI with:
- Proposal strategy
- Identifying funding opportunities
- Identifying collaborative opportunities
- Proposal writing & formatting
- Budget preparation (ensuring allowable expenses and proper salaries, fringes, indirect costs, etc.)
- Scheduling grant/contract proposal submission
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)