SamMenu provides a graphical interface to non-browser-based University legacy administrative programs. Most programs that exist on Nell and SamMenu have been replaced by Banner and Cognos.
Standard Service Features
- Access to historical information about financial accounts, payroll, and student information
Optional Service Features
- Web Access: http://samweb.shsu.edu
24 hours a day, 7 days a week including holidays
- Be a current SHSU employee, student, alumni, or retiree
- A working network connection
- An Internet ready, working desktop or laptop
- Active computer account
This service is obtained automatically upon account creation. Permissions to individual programs must be requested via SamMenu and approved by the appropriate data custodian.
Help with this service may be obtained through the IT@Sam Service Desk, (936) 294-1950 or by clicking on the IT@Sam Help icon on the computer destop.
Targets of this service are:
- 99.9% uptime, not including scheduled change outages.
- Restore service within a reasonable timeframe upon non-planned service outage.