Technology Procurement Process
The following items can be purchased on the P-Card without IT Approval. If the item you seek is on the list below, IT@Sam will not need to be involved and you can follow your P-Card procurement options. Please remember controlled items may not be purchased on the p-card and that since IT has not reviewed the devices prior to purchase they may not operate as expected. Please make sure to review IT-10 in regards to any Flash Drives or External Storage devices.
- Audio Recorders
- Carrying cases, bags or other protective casings for mobile devices
- Copiers (which do not require a network connection ie. network scanning or emailing)
- IT will have to process the PO but the department will need to negotiate the contract and find the vendor
- Digital cameras
- and their memory cards
- DVD/Blu-Ray players
- Gaming devices – Wii, Xbox, Playstation, etc.
- Gifts or awards
- Mobile Device (laptop, ipad...) Accessories
- Please use account code # 727600
- USB flash/thumb/jump drives not requiring a power supply
- external hard drives typically require a power supply, and are NOT approved for purchase without review. Typically limited to devices over 500GB in size.
If the item you seek is not listed above, submit a work order to IT@Sam providing as many details as possible to help expedite the request. More information on what to include can be found here.